Can You Keep Pets In Condos
Can you keep pets in condominiums in Malaysia? It is fairly usual for a management to impose restrictions to prohibit you from owning pets if you reside in flats, condominiums, or apartments. They may be concerned about the noise, odour, or other issues that your pet may cause other residents.
According to By-Law 14 in the Third Schedule of the Strata Management (Maintenance & Management) Regulations 2015, residents of high-rise buildings are allowed to keep pets as long as they do not cause trouble or pose a health risk to other residents. Remember that pet owners still have to obey the laws of the local authorities in their area.
Types of Dog Breeds Allowed In Condos In Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) allows residents of high-rise buildings to keep a maximum of one dog per unit. Only certain breeds of small dogs are allowed such as:
Rules for Keeping Pets in Condos
It is important to remember that even though you may be allowed to keep pets in your unit, there are certain responsibilities that go along with that. Below are two requirements to keep pets in condos in Malaysia:
Your pet must not cause any problems or disturbances
An example of your pet causing problems or disturbances is when it:
- makes constant noise
- is left to roam freely without supervision
- damages property, e.g. digging flower beds
- defecates and urinates in public areas such as lifts and stairs
- crawls upon or sleeps on other people’s property
- turns over garbage containers
- displays aggressive behavi0ur
You may be asked to remove your pet from the property if your pet causes trouble to other residents. The management can take any actions necessary to remove your pet from the building if you fail to do so.
Your pet must not endanger the safety or health of other residents
- Make sure your pet is not a danger to other people. It must not carry diseases that can infect others.
- You also need to make sure that your pet is not aggressive. If your pet attacks, bites or injures a person without cause, your pet’s license will be revoked and you will have to remove your pet from the premises. You could also be sued if your pet causes harm to others.
Be a Responsible Pet Owner
As a pet owner, regardless of where you live, you are responsible for your pet. Here are some basic pet owner etiquette to remember and follow:
- Always clean up after your pet does its business
- Have your pet vaccinated
- Have your pet properly trained
- Always supervise your pet during walks
- Get your pet licensed
Do you have pets living with you in a high-rise residence? Need a ride for them to get out and about the city? JoJo Pets, a pet taxi service in Malaysia is providing safe and timely pet transportation. Our trained drivers will transport your pet (and you) safely and comfortably to any local destination you have in mind.
Let us know if you have any questions. Book a ride with us today!
JoJo Pets also offers cashless payment with their JoJo Wallet, including all major e-wallets, credit/debit card as well as online banking.
Download the JoJo Pets app today for exclusive news and offers at http://188.8.131.52/