Dental Care for Pets in Malaysia: Why Is It So Important
Pet dental care in Malaysia needs more awareness, it’s important that pets have good dental health, just as it is for humans. Unfortunately, pets seldom receive the proper dental care that is needed, which can lead to severe problems, such as periodontal disease. Seeking out dental care for pets in Malaysia can be a bit expensive, but in the long run, it’s worth your pet’s wellbeing.
Let’s take a look at what happens if your pet’s dental health is not kept in check.
A build-up of bacteria in your pet’s mouth can cause periodontal disease, which affects the teeth, gums, and structures around your pet’s teeth. Plaque is formed by bacteria on the teeth, and as the bacteria dies, the calcium from the saliva of your pet calcifies its teeth. Unless it is removed, tartar, which is calcified plaque, can lead to infection in the teeth, eventually causing periodontal disease. As a result, the soft tissue around the tooth will be destroyed, resulting in the loosening of the tooth.
Signs of dental disease include:
● Broken or loose teeth
● Bad breath
● Painful and bleeding mouth
● Refusal or inability to eat and drink
● Weight loss
● Facial swelling
● Pawing at the face
Pet Dental Care At Home
In addition to routine dental cleanings, it is also important to follow at-home dental care routines, such as using:
- Pet dental care toothbrush – Keep your pet’s teeth in good shape by brushing their teeth a few times a week, if they allow you to.
- Pet dental care treats – If you pet dislikes getting their teeth brushed, you can try pet dental care treats.
- Pet dental care toys – There are pet dental toys on the market that help clean your pet’s teeth and freshen their breath.
- Dry food – Recurrent periodontal disease can be slowed down by feeding your pet dry food.
It is important to have your pet’s teeth professionally cleaned on an annual basis. Not taking care of your pet’s dental health can cause additional problems, including organ damage, which could lead to death.
Get your pet’s teeth checked regularly by vets, prevention is better than cure.
Can’t handle the hassle of pet travel to the vet? Let JoJo Pets take care of the work for you! JoJo Pets provides pet transportation to pet clinics in Malaysia. Use JoJo Pets app to book a ride for your pet today!